How to Make Career in Gaming
People like you and me like to play games every day, playing games is just like a hobby for us. But what if we can become more than a player, what if we can make gaming as our career.
Who should come in this field?
1. Technical sector and
2. Entertainment sector
First, we will learn about the technical sector, how you can prepare yourself for the technology sector and what are the things you should know in the technology sector.
2. Non-technical field
Non-technical department focus on character animation, scripts writing, they decide levels and what should be included in the game, all these things are decided by the non-technical department and reported to technical department to make the game that way.
If you want to make your career in gaming then there are various posts and designation you can go for like,
- Game designer
- Character animation
- Game developers
- Game tester
- Audio manager etc.
Now let’s know about Eligibility:-
- Platform skills:- it means that you should have at least some basic knowledge about the platform whether computer or mobile you are going to working in, because if you are going to make a computer game and don’t have knowledge about the computer then you won’t fit in.
- Logical thinking:- If you have a logical thinking mind then you can make the game levels easily, and also you will be able to work in a logical manner.
- Problem-solving:- If you can solve the problem by yourself you don’t need to hire someone else to solve your problems. many times it happens that do are stuck with a problem and you have to wait until you solve the problem if you have a problem-solving mind then you can do it by yourself and continue your work.
- Communication skills:- if you have good communication skill then you can present your ideas before your superiors or seniors, good communication will help them to understand your idea better.
- Certificate in Gaming
- Certificate course in Game Art & Design
- Diploma in Production Gaming
- Diploma in Game Design and Integration
- Diploma in Animation, Gaming and Special Effect
- Diploma in Game Design (DGD)
- Diploma in Game Development
- Diploma in Game Programming
- The advanced certificate in Game Art & 3D Game Content Creation
- Advance Diploma in Game Programming
- Advance Diploma in Game Design and Development Application
- B.Sc. in Gaming
- Bachelors in Media Animation & Design (BMAD)
- B.Sc. Animation & Gaming
- Bachelor of Science in Animation Game style and Development
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) – Computer
- Science and Game Development
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Animation
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Graphics, Animation
- Integrated M.Sc. in multimedia system & Animation with Game Art
- M.Sc. in Gaming
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Game style and Development
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Multimedia and Animation
- Bharti Vidyapeeth University, Pune
- Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics (MAAC), Mumbai
- Arena Animations, New Delhi
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts, Bangalore
- Pixie Animation College, Bangalore
- Academy of Animation and Gaming, Noida
Jobs and salary
If you are a beginner your salary will be less but as you gain experience and knowledge your salary will increase you will also get a bonus if you perform well.
- A good voice:- your good voice will keep your audience engaged for a long time and if you have a harsh and rude voice then nobody will want to watch your stream.
- A good personality:- a good personality always attract people so you should maintain a good personality to have a large audience.
- Schedule:- you need to be very disciplined about your live streaming because some people may like to watch your streams daily and if you don’t maintain a schedule then nobody will be engaged to your live streaming.
- Communication:- you should read and reply to the chats of the people who are watching your streaming this way you will know the problem in your streaming. And fix those problems.
- Good internet connection:- you should have a good internet connection so that you can deliver a better quality of streaming to your audience.
- Watch and learn:- there are many YouTubers out there who do live streaming daily watch them and see how they keep here audience engaged how the reply their chats and learn from them
Other then that you can earn from sponsorship if you play good games then some gaming companies can sponsor you games to play in your streams.
And donation or membership is another good way to earn money, you can ask for donations to make your streaming better.
Super chat is another good way to earn money. Sometimes the viewer pays some money through super chat to make your chat read properly or to ask for a shout-out.
If you still have any questions related to a career in gaming feel free to ask us we will be happy to help you